- File management
- Session management
- Project Management
- Document Properties
- Shortcuts for the Run menu
- Windows Dialog
- GUI elements
- Switching between Documents
- Command Line
- Control files
- Shell Extension
- Further help
A document has certain characteristics in the way its stored on your hard-disk. These following subjects control some of those aspects.
Note: both the default Newline format and the encoding of new files can be set, see New document settings for more details.
The current properties of a document, like its character count, selection statistics and such, are available through the.
which contains the following information:
- Fully qualified active document path
- Creation date
- Last modification date
- Byte size of document
- Character count of the document, blanks excluded
- Character count of the document
- Line count
- Size of selection (characters, bytes and ranges)
Note that the character count and byte count are not a function of each other in UTF-8 (see Encoding).
This information can be accessed from the status bar.